WASHINGTON, DC – In one of James Mattis’ final actions as Secretary of Defense, he has blocked a crucial $500million arms deal which Netanyahu had begged him to allow to go through.
This is not the first time Netanyahu has sparred with a member of the Trump administration, with Pompeo famously having told Netanyahu that America will not sanction or authorize military action in Lebanon just weeks ago at the beginning of this month. During that meeting, Netanyahu allegedly threw a temper tantrum, screaming and cussing at Pompeo but to no avail.
This time, however, it was Mattis who told Netanyahu that Israel’s sale of $500million of F-16s to Croatia would be considered unacceptable to Washington. Israel reportedly tried to update the planes with electronics which are more capable than what the stock American equipment comes equipped with; Washington would only allow the planes to be sold in their stock condition. Israel, which claims to be an American ally, has no reservations with selling American equipment to foreign nations, in BETTER condition than comparable American equipment; in our opinion, these are not the actions of an “ally” as Israel claims itself to be.
Mattis has sparred with Netanyahu previously, having informed Israel and the world this July that America would NOT be seeking any form of regime change in Iran, in spite of repeated pleas from Israel.
Mattis also tendered a cryptic memorandum to all DoD employees urging them to continue on their course, leading many to speculate that Mattis may be sitting on a military tribunal beginning tomorrow morning, when President Trump’s new courts-martial rules take effect. The memorandum urged DoD employees to “Let nothing which is transpiring change, hinder, or delay your military movements, or plans”; in addition, the memorandum reminded the DoD employees to “remain(s) undistracted from our sworn mission to support and defend the Constitution while protecting our way of life.” This also coincides with the arrival of hundreds of new staff from the 305th MP to Guantanamo, which staff were ordered deployed to Gitmo early this December. Mattis’ cryptic farewell memorandum is below:
In addition to Mattis’ resignation, chief Pentagon spokesperson Dana White has also announced her resignation. This leaves the scene open for massive military tribunals with almost no trouble incoming from the Press.
I appreciate the opportunity afforded to me by this administration to serve
alongside Secretary Mattis, our Service members and all the civilians who
support them. It has been my honor and privilege. Stay safe and God bless.
— Dana W. White – DOD (@ChiefPentSpox) December 31, 2018
Let us also note that both Mattis and White called upon God’s blessings in their farewell notices; a trend which has not been seen in US government since President George W. Bush was in office.